I’ve procrastinated long enough. Here are some rough milestones that you can look forward to. I had to put something down to have a starting point. I’m probably going to get more into the 1.0 release, but I hope it gives you an idea what to expect.
- Free Product
- Open Source
- Simple, easy to use and understand
- Robust with solid accounting principles
- Did I mention free? No charge. Period.
Prior to 0.5 (completed)
- Base shell of the application
- Simple splash screen
- Basic menus
- Basic About page
- Connectivity to SQLite (bonus is MySQL)
Milestone 0.5 (first release)
- Accounts Management
- Categories Management
- Payees Management
- Types Management
- Installation Process and Documentation
- Budget Section
- Repeating Transactions
- Help System
- Import and Export Utilities (minimally CSV files)
After each milestone, there will be a new release. Once I get beyond the last milestone, assuming there has been adequate testing, I’ll officially release 1.0.
What’s beyond release 1.0?
- Multiple Financial databases
- Full MySQL support
- Goals module (debt reduction, savings goals, etc)
- Reconcile Accounts
- GUI enhancements
- Enhanced Import options (import OFX, QFX, and QIF files)
- Better financial “Snapshot Summary”
- Manage Stocks, Bonds, CD’s, etc.
- Business module/version
- Enterprise wide reporting
- And much more…